Stuck on wifi selection for bolt

@3ddelano

Yes, because it may be connected to the account which you set up the device with a long time back.

Which email ID did you use when you last set up the device (before today) ?

I’m not sure I think it must have been the same one.

@3ddelano

Do the above-mentioned instruction to see if you get a popup with the account it was connected with earlier. Also, tell me the Hotspot Name of your Bolt Device (Device ID of the module).

I did the setup from scratch i.e blue led was blinking, connected to app, then connected to local wifi, then green and blue led remained on, but device is not showing in My Devices list on the app nor on the dahboard.
Device ID: Bolt290148

same problem with my bolt device . both green and blue led is on , but mobile bolt app is not showing any connected device linked to my bolt account .what should I do now?

1 Like

Mobile bol t app is showing the attached instructions while setting up local wifi network .

@chauhankirti2106

Which version of Android are you using? Can you repeat the setup process and shoot a video of the whole process? We shall see where it went wrong.

Also, I can see the WiFi connectivity. Which wifi network is that?

I am using Android version 11. Here is the video of the problem I am facing. Link is attached herewith. And initially my mobile is connected to bolt module , afterwards when it ask to set up network , then it’s gets connected to my home’s wifi. But it shows an error- “lost connection to bolt” to troubleshoot…" please guide me how to resolve this issue !

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_PNG1eJ-VmZvFrqfBpjbCZobc0R0Q9lz/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_TL6eCTJdjMay4JuKJ3ru1VtN7l0QUDK/view?usp=drivesdk

1 Like

@chauhankirti2106

I suggest you to use any other Android device and follow the same procedure. Preferably any old Android Device. You will only require the App once to connect the module to the Bolt Cloud.

Also, login to cloud.boltiot.com with the same email ID as the Bolt App to check if the Device is connected to the Dashboard.
Most likely the App is Crashing while sending the device details to the Bolt cloud to connect and the issue is on our App which we are trying to find a solution for the last few days. We will update the changes soon.

Till then, you can change the WiFi details on the Bolt Device manually by following below method. After connecting the Device to your Mobile hotspot temporarily, you can turn off your mobile hotspot so that the bolt goes into Hotspot mode, for you to redo the setup process smoothly.

1. Install Advance IP Scanner (eg. Download_advanced_ip_scanner ) in your laptop.
  2. Connect to the WiFi network the Bolt is connected to and find the IP address of Bolt. You can find the Bolt IP by the Hostname which will be something like “Expressif”. Note down the IP address of the Bolt.
  3. Type the following URL in your laptop’s browser after replacing <IP_ADDR> with the Bolt’s IP Address.
  • Replace <HOTSPOT_NAME> with the name of your phone’s hotspot and replace <HOTSPOT_PASSWD> with the password of your hotspot.
    Command:
    <IP_ADDR>/wifiSetup?ssid=<HOTSPOT_NAME>&password=<HOTSPOT_PASSWD>
  1. Now your Bolt will be restarted and will connect to new wifi ( here it is Mobile Hotspot )

1. bolt device ? the Mobile device in which boltiot app is installed?
  2. I am using my home wifi network. so I need to connect the bolt module once again to my mobile device and then turn off the wifi ?
  3. my home wifi network?
  4. then i should turn on mobile data and personal hotspot, and proceed with it ?

when I am again connecting the bolt module to the power supply , then both green and blue led light up and becomes stable. Then in the available wifi network , it doesn’t show this bolt hotspot network.

@chauhankirti2106

Yes, that’s why I mentioned the step to use the advanced IP Scanner (with the 4 steps). So that you can change the wifi details (SSID and Password) on the Bolt Device (your bolt module) from your laptop itself.

and I should proceed
with the same mobile phone or any other old one?

@chauhankirti2106

1. No, your Bolt Module.
  2. Yes, you’ll have to connect it to the Mobile hotspot temporarily.
  3. Yes, connect to the current wifi network your bolt device is connected with. (your home wifi in this case)
  4. No, after the Bolt device gets conncted to your mobile hotspot (disconnceted from home wifi), you can turn off your Mobile hotspot so that it switches to the Hotspot Mode (blue light blinking)

@chauhankirti2106

For the dummy network connection, any phone you can use. But when using the Bolt App to setup the Bolt Device again, use an old Android Phone.

okay. Thanks a lot .I got it. I will proceed further with this.

Thankyou for your guidance. My bolt module has been successfully connected to my cloud account . I have used an old version of Android (8.1.0).
I want to ask few questions.
1)I have connected the bolt module with an old version of Android. Now it is connected to my cloud account. And the bolt app is installed in both the Android devices (version 11 & 8.1.0). so can I remove (uninstall) the app from old version of Android from which I connected the bolt module to my cloud account ? and continue using bolt iot app on new version of Android?
2) if i continue with the new version of Android , so is their any possibility that when I turn off the device and the wifi , then the bolt module gets disconnected from the cloud?

@chauhankirti2106

Yes you can uninstall the App from the Android Device. And you need not worry about the Bolt Disconnecting. As long as the device is linked to the Bolt Account, you can access it from anywhere. No matter if you sign out from the account in app or uninstall the App.

Everytime you open the App and login to the same Bolt Account you’ll see the device present in there.

In future you might have to use any other wifi network, you can use the same IP scanner method to shift the wifi details on the Bolt Device manually (that’s a tiny hack for faster network shifting). Other wise you can use the Cloud Dashboard to unlink the current WiFi network from there as well (Three dots > Device Info > Disconnect).

Let me know if you have any other queries.

1 Like

Alright. Thankyou soo much

I think you should 1st disconnect the board properly before connecting it to other internet and make sure you use the app in the phone which has the latest android version.

1 Like